On this page:
Forest information at your fingertips
The More to Explore app is your guide to enjoying Victoria's vast forests.
Find information on more than 430 sites and 290 recreation trails in the 3.1 million hectares of state forest around you!
How can I use More to Explore?
Watch this video for a quick introduction.
What's on the app?
- Browse through 600+ attractions in Victoria’s state forests using a map view or list view.
- Search for a specific track, trail or site you’d like to visit.
- View track, trail or site details, including when the track is open or closed, a guide to available activities and facilities, directions, a local map and GPS guidance. Plus, the options to download information for offline use and leave feedback.
- Share and add tracks, trails or sites to your favourites and access them from the Favourites mode on the Explore tab.
Offline viewing for use at all times
- Select your area of interest and create your own offline maps to use when you’re out in the wild and away from an internet connection.
- When viewing a specific track, trail or site, you can tap the Download for Offline button to quickly download an area covering that location.
- All downloaded maps will be saved to your device, accessible from the More tab or the My Maps mode on the Explore tab.
Use filters to find exactly what you’re looking for
- Use the filters feature to find a specific activity or track. You can filter by activity type, track and trail type, difficulty level and duration.
- Track and trail types include bushwalking, mountain biking, four wheel driving, horse riding and scenic driving.
- Activities include camping, scenic driving, heritage study, hunting, horse riding, paddling and wildlife viewing.
Receive updates via news
- Opt-in to receive notifications about new attractions, upgrades and more.
- Read articles about closures, safety information, news and events happening throughout state forests.
- Get access to handy preparation tips and advice, and safety and access information.
How to video – basic features
This video will introduce you to the basic functionalities of More to Explore, including:
- filtering by recreational activity, according to your needs and interests
- access to news (and setting your notification preferences)
- the Tips section (which includes important pre-trip information.
How to video – advanced features
This video will introduce you to the more advanced functionalities of More to Explore, including:
- how to search and find a specific site
- create and download an offline map.
How to video – my tracks and additional features
This video will show you how to use the My Tracks feature of the More to Explore app plus some additional features, including how to:
- favourite sites and tracks
- share favourite sites and trails with friends
- use the Emergency Location function
- record your own tracks and save them to the app (My Tracks) view saved tracks and the information captured (route, elevation, distance travelled, photos).
How to video – hunting information and features
This video will help you access and use the hunting information in the More to Explore app, including how to access:
- information on where you can hunt
- conditions that apply on areas where you can hunt
- seasonal closures to hunting
- game and dogs advanced filtering options
- downloadable hunting maps for offline use.
Page last updated: 14/09/22